Monthly Favourites: August

This month was all about trying out new products so the absolute majority are all new products not yet released on the market from Essence & Catrice.

Starting off with face products, I have three new favourites, namely, Essence Trend Edition Marble Mania Blush in 01 Swirlpool, Catrice Ultimate Moisture Fresh Skin Make-up in 010 Light Beige, Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder in 010 Fairy Dust. I love the light coverage of the foundation and the light shimmer of the highlighter that emphasises my cheekbones. Both of these products will be available in September 2012.  On the other hand, the blush is part of a limited edition released earlier this year and it gives a subtle, healthy glow to your face.

Moving on to lip products, I have been in a peach and pink mood this month and the same colour trend carries on with my most used eyeshadows.  All of the products shown are subtly pigmented except for the Ultimate Lip Glow which emphasises the pink undertones of my lips by turning a nice rosy pink colour and the Essence lipstick is a subtle, nice everyday red. All of these products will be available in September except for the limited editions.


Next up, eye products, starting with mascaras.
  

Basically, I have been using these three mascaras all throughout the month and I like the volumising effect they have on my lashes and I especially like the Pupa Vamp! mascara as it gives a nice contrasting blue colour that goes very well with the colour of my eyes.  I have also been loving the Essence Sun Club 100% splash-proof eyeliner pen for its fine tip and pigmentation.  It truly is waterproof and once dry, it doesn't budge.

Lastly, these are the eyeshadows that I have been reaching for the most:

Essence Mono Eyeshadow in Dance All Night
Essence Marble Mania Trend Edition Eyeshadows in 01 Seriously Mixed Up and 03 Swirl It Baby!
Catrice Intensif'Eye Wet & Dry Shadow in 01 Black or White Swan
Catrice Absolute Colour Eyeshadow in 540 Rose Marie's Baby
What were your favourite products this month? Any new discoveries?

2 comments on "Monthly Favourites: August"
  1. That orange lipstick looks scary! Is it wearable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks orange but it really is not! You just apply it and wait for the magic to happen as it intensifies the colour of your lips, turning to a nice pink so it is definitely wearable :)

      Delete