Monthly Favourites | February

This month, it was mostly about hair care. I have cut my hair shorter and from past experience, I know it (ironically) requires more maintenance so I have been trying and buying some new styling stuff to see what works best for my hair type and new style. These are the products I enjoyed using the most to style and care for my hair during the month of February...

First up is Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe Treatment which I apply to my hair instead of conditioner every three washes. It restores my hair its shine and makes it more manageable. A little goes a long way and I really like the instant results.  Another product that is new for me is the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straightening Potion which I spray onto my damp hair before blow-drying/straightening to keep frizz at bay and also offers protection against heat styling. I also bought a pair of larger straighteners this month and I like the fact that it comes with 7 temperature settings (I always use the lowest) and a display + it delivers optimum results every time.  

Moving on to the skin care department, this month I have been using the St.Ives Apricot Scrub as I couldn't find a back-up for the Nivea one that I usually use. The former has larger granules but it didn't irritate my skin and it is a better value-for-money product. My skin is left smooth and refined after every use and I never experienced any breakouts when using this product.

As for cosmetics, I haven't been experimenting much this past month but I re-discovered some old favourites from my collection, namely E.L.F. Studio Blushes in Candid Coral and Peachy Keen which offer winter skin a warm glow. Another old favourite is the Catrice Lashes to kill Waterproof mascara (I think this has been discontinued) which proved to be very handy on the rainy days we were getting lately. It provides lashes with volume and doesn't clump. More from Catrice, the Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen in 070 Puddle Of Mudd which has been a staple in my everyday make-up routine to define my eyes for the whole day without smudging or budging.


In the lip department, MAC Lustre Lipstick in Naked Paris was my favourite this month. I love the smell, I love the staying power, the finish, pretty much everything about this lipstick is perfect! What's more? It reminds me of Paris (name and where I actually bought it from)!

Lastly, two new discoveries... MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit and The Body Shop Face & Body Brush. This month, has seen my first foray into eyebrow filling and this kit has proved to be a must-have in my collection. It comes complete with tweezers, a clear wax and two shades of brown matte powder. The brush was actually a gift from my brother for Christmas. It is oh so soft and I have washed it a couple of times and it hasn't shed a hair. I use it to apply powder products to my face and for a smooth finish.


Those are my favourites for this month ladies! What are yours?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment