O.P.I. Oz The Great and Powerful | Swatches and First Impressions

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of months, you would know about Disney's latest flick, Oz The Great and Powerful and their collaboration with nail polish giant O.P.I. I was instantly intrigued by the collection, mostly by the glitter polishes and the new Liquid Sand hue.

Apart from the Liquid Sand, the collection consists of six limited edition nail lacquers that vary from glitter packed shades to softer neutral shades in white, beige and pink.  Here is a press release picture of all the shades in the collection:


I bought three polishes from a US based ebay seller, namely, When Monkeys Fly, Lights Of Emerald City and What Wizardry Is This? I paid $6.95 for the glitter polishes and $7.50 for the Liquid Sand; all bottles are full size (15mL).

  • Lights Of Emerald City ~ Opaque white squares and smaller iridescent square confetti in a clear base. Application is ok and the white squares are as frequent as they should be. Truly a unique polish! Swatch is just one coat.


  • When Monkeys Fly ~ Large gold hex confetti mixed with different sized holographic hex glitters in a clear base. Another unique polish in this collection with the gold hexagons easily distributed over the nail surface. However, pay attention and smooth them flat as they tend to curl upwards. Swatch is just one coat.


  • What Wizardry Is This? Liquid Sand ~ The new Liquid Sand hue was designed for James Franco's character (Oz) and features OPI’s ground-breaking technology for a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle. I am wearing this on my nails right now and I just can't get over how beautiful it looks! The textured finish is not gritty at all and I love how the sparkles shine when they catch the light. I would describe the colour as an almost black deep brown with golden reflects...definitely the shade to make a bold statement with this Spring!! Swatch is two coats.


Finally, like all O.P.I. polishes the ones from the Oz collection are free from DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde and all feature the exclusive ProWide Brush for the best possible application.

Did you buy any shades from this collection?

1 comment on "O.P.I. Oz The Great and Powerful | Swatches and First Impressions"
  1. Oooh pretties! I have never tried O.P.I. polishes, how crazy is that? The new collections are to die for!

    ReplyDelete