The Exit Interview Series | Volume #18

This month I think I did pretty well with using up beauty products. Here's my take on this month's empties!

Starting with skin care, I have used up two Nivea products which I have been using for a long time, namely, Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Lotion and Smooth It! Mild Exfoliating Scrub. The first, I have been using as an eye make-up remover and I have to say it is very effective in that regard. I liked the creamy, moisturising formula and I have never had any irritation near my eyes when using this. I won't be repurchasing for now though as I am trying to go through a fair amount of products first.  The scrub used to be my favourite until now. I have found a better value for money alternative that works just as fine so I won't be repurchasing the Nivea one.


The next product I used up is a sample of La Roche Posay Effaclar K which is basically an anti-oil relapse treatment. Although I enjoyed using it, I don't think there was a difference over when I use Effaclar M moisturiser so I won't be buying this product either.  Lastly, when it comes to skin care, I have used another Montagne Jeunesse face mask which as usual has delivered optimum results and I will definitely re-purchase. I am throwing the sponge out simply because I have had it for quite some time and it is not as effective to remove face masks these days. I already have bought a couple more as I find they are quite handy.

Moving on, I have finally used up this Nioxin leave-in conditioner. I really didn't like this product and ended up using it as a rinse-off conditioner to get through it as fast as possible. It made my hair all greasy after just a few hours even though I only used a small amount and it also made it look limp. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing! As for the Scholl Rough Skin Remover and the Veet wipes, I already have bought back-ups for each of them as they do an excellent job and are very handy to have especially now that summer is fast approaching.

Another product from Montagne Jeunesse has hit the bin this month but sadly I won't be repurchasing this one. While I really liked the concept of liquid talc and the refreshing mint sensation on my feet, I didn't like the powder reside which seemed to stick to my skin and I had to rub really hard at it in the shower to get it off. They say it's a non-rinse formula but I doubt you could stick with having powdery, white feet. The E45 Cream has proved to be a skin-saver when I had eczema and dry skin earlier in Winter. I won't be repurchasing this though because I still have to use up the LRP Lipikar Hand cream.


Lastly, I have also used up this Nioxin Conditioner, Malizia Deodorant and Lycia Makeup Remover Wipes. The wipes surely need no introduction and the deodorant has a nice smell and I have actually bought it previously too. I always tend to go for Impluse or Malzia though I prefer the former as the scent is much longer lasting.


As for the Nioxin Conditioner, I have had the same hair-gets-greasy-all-too-soon problem with this as well and I haven't perceived any thickening effect whatsoever so there was no way this was going anywhere near my hair. A while back, I had read an article somewhere that stated that hair conditioner works just the same when you do not have shaving foam at hand and so I have been using this conditioner instead of shaving foam. Turns out I liked it better this way as my skin felt really soft afterwards and I didn't need to use body lotion. I won't be repurchasing this product though.


1 comment on "The Exit Interview Series | Volume #18"
  1. I agree with you, the foot cooler was just far to messy for what it did. But the choc face mask was lovely and I will keep repurchasing it :)

    ReplyDelete