Of Nail Polish and Swatch Sticks - Nail Mail!

Over the past couple of months I have been buying quite a few nail polishes and related items online. It's like going through a phase where soemtimes you favour buying lipsticks, other times blush and other instances nail polish. Although most of the time it's all these things together, lately, the latter category tickled my fancy the most. Well let's face it, nail polish was my first love :) Here's what I got!

To start with, I bought a set of soak-off nail clips so that I can use these when I want to take off hard-to-remove nail polish or gel polish by soaking my nails in acetone. I have already used these a couple of times and I quite like them for they are easy to use and hold the cotton disc in place. I also got a new box for all my nail art brushes and tools and I'm happy to say this houses all my tools neatly. 


Moving on to actual nail polishes, I bought quite a handful, starting with Zoya Ibiza and Neve for I was looking for a nice metallic blue. I first got Ibiza and it turned out to be the perfect blue but then I saw swatches of Neve which has a hint of purple and looks like nothing in my collection so I went ahead and got that too.


I also got three shades out of the Essie Cashmere Matte Collection, namely, Coat Couture, Comfy in Cashmere and Just Stitched. I have already worn the first two and I'm in love with their finish! They lasted for around three days without chipping (remember they dry matte so I didn't top coat them) and I really like the iridescent sheen in them.


I have also acquired three Sinful Colors in the shades Shamrockin' (which of course I wore for St. Patrick's) as well as Flower Power and Petal Be The Day from their Spring collection. The formula with these is very nice to work with and the glitter is evenly distributed.


From OPI, I got the Fifty Shades Collection and the Sheer Tints both in the mini versions. I really like the mini bottles can't wait to use these polishes!


Lastly, I got myself 6 packets of swatch sticks and ring binders to re-organize my swatches. The thing is, I had my swatches on swatch wheels but whenever I got a new polish, I had to paint on the next available post on the wheel and to me it just didn't look right to have a light coloured polish in the middle of dark ones etc so I looked up alternative methods of organizing swatches and this appealed to me the most. So I went ahead and bought myself all the supplies and swatched all my collection in 4 days. I'm really happy with how this little project turned out so if you would like me to do a post on how I swatch and organize my polish collection, please do let me know!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment