Review | Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara vs Volume Mascara

One of the most popular mascaras from Essence is the Lash Princess. Of course the packaging plays a big role in the popularity of this mascara but the performance also plays a part. I have heard people saying that they didn't like the mascara at first but then grew to love it, thus I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first.

However, during an Essence event that I attended earlier this year, we were given the latest version of the Lash Princess Mascara, the False Lash Effect one and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to go out and buy the Volume version so I can do a comparison between the two.


Starting with the packaging, it is exactly the same for both mascaras, except that the volumising one has coral writing while the false lash effect one has mint writing. The corset and hearts detailing on both caps are made out of rubber, which makes for a better grip. These are hands down the prettiest looking mascaras in my collection and in fact I keep them on my dresser just because they are so pretty!


The wands are what make these mascaras different. The Volume Mascara has a pretty voluptuous wand with a slight curve and a thicker end to hug the lashes and give a more natural look, while the False Lash Effect Mascara has a leaner, tapered wand that reaches all lashes for a fanned-out, spider-lashes effect that feels just like you're wearing falsies.

Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara wand

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara wand

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara (right) and Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara (left)

As for wear time, I haven't really noticed any difference and I haven't had any irritations whatsoever. Neither mascara is a pain to remove and just some makeup remover does the trick in no time.

Overall, I think these are very good budget mascaras and compare well to higher priced versions but I still love Max Factor ones and I will definitely stay faithful to them. If I had to choose one I would go for the volume one because I feel the formula of the false lash effect version kind of makes my lashes feel heavy. 

I believe both mascaras retail for €3.29 each for 12ml of product and I don't think you can really beat that!

Essence products can be found at various pharmacies and authorized outlets across Malta & Gozo. Like their Facebook page to stay in the know!

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara was given to me for free at a PR event while I bought the Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara with my own money.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment