Review: Essence Vampire's Love Blush Gelee in 01 Bloody Mary

Earlier this year, Essence Cosmetics launched the Vampire's Love Collection in Malta (the collection was actually released in November 2011 in honour of the latest instalment of the Twilight Saga & The Vampire Diaries, but we get them much later).


The collection consisted of a nice selection of products, all revolving around the vampire theme and it also included a perfume and a volumizing lash powder, the latter of which is now in their permanent collection.  I was mostly interested in the Blush Gelee or Jelly Blush as I don't own anything like it in my collection but it was soon sold out (is it any wonder?) and hence I couldn't find it anywhere...until last month that is; as I found the blush in a pharmacy in Senglea and I grabbed it immediately!

The blush comes in a little transparent plastic bottle with a black press on cap and pump. I like that the bottle is actually transparent so that you can see how much product is left and since it comes with a pump dispenser, the inside moves up every time you pump out some product. The bottle holds 13ml of product which I think is a very good amount, especially when you're only paying €2.79 for it! I do like the packaging overall as it all adds to the vampire aura and fits the theme perfectly, from the colours chosen to the silver lettering.



The blush is only available in the shade Bloody Mary, the colour of which may look scary at first but you only need a small amount, and once dry, it looks very natural and opaque; much like a healthy, rosy glow that you get after a good work-out I would say.  Moreover, this blush lasts for a very long time on me and it really does stain the skin so you have to wash your fingers thoroughly after applying.  I like how the gel texture is not very runny but it is still easily blendable for a seamless finish.  The blush has a light scent to it which I cannot really describe however, I can detect a hint of vanilla.



The only downside I can find with this product is that it is limited edition and Essence do not have any blushes like this in their permanent collection so I think it would be nice if they considered adding it.

Essence Cosmetics is available in most pharmacies around Malta and Gozo. For updates on new stock and launches, follow Essence Cosmetics Malta on their Facebook page. 

2 comments on "Review: Essence Vampire's Love Blush Gelee in 01 Bloody Mary"
  1. Looks nice, and what I like about these sorts of products is the lasting power of them :)

    ReplyDelete