Review | Eva Garden Long Lasting Nail Polish no.696 Mirto

I don't normally review nail polishes but when I dedicate a whole post to review one, you know it's worth getting. A case in point is the Eva Garden Long Lasting Nail Polish no.696 Mirto.
 
This is my first Eva Garden nail polish and since the Italian make-up brand has earned itself an excellent reputation, I had high expectations about this polish and luckily it did not disappoint me!
 
Packaging is very minimalistic in design and it is basically a traditional nail polish bottle - a transparent glass square shaped bottle with a black cap bearing the Eva Garden logo on top. I like the size of the cap which provides a great grip and precision when applying the polish and it closes tightly, which is a plus for obvious reasons. At the back, you have the shade number, no name though, you have to look that up on their website.
 
 
The colour is a gorgeous dark mallard green with a metallic finish. I don't think the shade name, Mirto (Myrtle in English) is actually referring to the plant's flowers but more to the leaves; nonetheless, it is still a very beautiful dark colour which is trending right now.  While it is not a colour I would have reached for myself, I am glad that this was in my goodie bag from the Makeup Workshop at Biocare Academy and I was really looking forward to wear it.
 
 
I was even more surprised that I wore the colour for a whole week because I love how good it looks against my skin tone and I even got a lot of compliments while wearing it! Like I said it wears nicely and it is true to its name in being a long-lasting polish as I only started seeing minimal tip wear by day 4 and even when I took it off, it still looked good.
 
Being a dark polish, it can get a little messy to take off so I suggest you use the foil removal method for mess-free removal. The polish didn't stain my nails and I am very happy with that (I always wear a base coat but some polishes still manage to seep through and stain my nails. I'm glad this wasn't one of them!)
 
The formula is actually very nice to work with and the brush delivers just the right amount of colour effortlessly. I found that the polish dries fairly quickly to a glossy finish so it is perfect when you are in a hurry and don't have time to wait for polish to dry and apply a top coat. Being a nail tech, I always apply two coats of polish but you can easily get away with one coat with this polish just because it is so pigmented.

 
Eva Garden claim that their nail polishes are resistant to chipping and sea-water. It is formulated to be hypoallergenic and is dermatologically tested. They say it can be used by pregnant women and it is free from Camphor, DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde, all four of which are known to be harmful to our general health.
 
Eva Garden is found on sale only from authorised stockists and the nail polishes retail for €8.93 for 10mL of product. Take your pick from 28 gorgeous shades designed to complement your wardrobe and mood!
 
Would I recommend it? Absolutely! Although it may look pricey, I can guarantee it is worth every cent!
 
Check out the Eva Garden Malta Facebook page for more information.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment