Review | Essence Stay Matt Lip Creams

Lately, in my monthly favourites posts, I have shared the Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream 01 Velvet Rose as one of my go to colours at the moment. However, I feel that they deserve a full review so I will be sharing my thoughts on the two shades I own from the core range of four as well as a limited edition shade.
 
I had a love-hate relationship with matt lip colours up to a few months ago until I tried one of the matt lip creams from Essence's Guerilla Gardening Trend Editon earlier last year. I loved it so much I couldn't wait for the local distributors to get the Stay Matt Lip Creams and when they finally made it to our shores, I went in and got the shades 01 Velvet Rose and 02 Smooth Berry.
 
 
The packaging is very simple and I like that the bottom part is transparent so I can see the colour. Also, the cap closes tightly and the doe foot applicator makes for a precise application of the product.


All three shades are very pigmented with a buttery soft texture and a sweet vanilla scent. The first time I tried these, I expected the colour to dry but it does not. It just stays creamy, a bit like lipstick and it feels very moisturising on the lips. In fact, my lips never dry out when wearing these matt lip creams. As for lasting power, I'd say they last for 2 or 3 hours on me so you definitely need to touch up during the day; however, I find that the darker shades tend to stain the lips so they appear to last longer.

Now onto the swatches.

01 Velvet Rose is a nude pink crème that is slightly darker in person than in the picture.

 
02 Smooth Berry is a raspberry pink crème 

 
02 Floral Glam (limited edition shade from the Guerilla Gardening Trend Edition) is an orange base red crème 

 
I really like these matt lip creams especially because they don't dry out the lips, which is not the standard with matt lip products.
 
Essence Stay Matt Lip Creams retail for €2.10 for 4ml of product and can be found from various pharmacies around Malta & Gozo.
 
To keep up to date with Essence news, like their Facebook page!

3 comments on "Review | Essence Stay Matt Lip Creams"
  1. Nice review. I love velvet rose. It'll make q beautiful everyday nude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. have one of their long lasting ones but not from the matte range. Hope I can find these and get my hands on some shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to read this. I'll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article
    Lip fillers London

    ReplyDelete