NOTW | Pastels and Gold

Good morning lovelies :) With Spring in full bloom, I have finally got the chance to wear pastel nail polish again. I went for some subtle sponging nail art on my ring fingers and I feel this manicure has a vintage feel to it. Read on to see how it easy it is to re-create!
 
 
1. Prep nails with a base coat and allow to dry.
 
2. Start painting your nails in the colour palette of your choice. I have used E.L.F. Lilac on my pinky and index, Essence Colour & Go 110 Modern Romance on my middle, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 300 White On on my ring fingers and China Glaze Midnight Kiss on my thumbs. Allow to dry completely and follow with a second coat.
 
3. Apply a little gold nail polish on a makeup sponge and gently dab it on the ring fingers. Repeat for as many times as you like to obtain the opacity you want. Repeat this step with the lilac and peach polishes in random places on the nail. The aim is to merge the colours together yet each of them would still be distinguished.
 
4. Once dry, apply a top coat to preserve your design.

 
P.S. I have submitted this manicure as part of a blog contest on the Julep website. Julep is a beauty company, well known for their nail polishes which I have heard a great deal of good things about. Too bad they don't deliver to Malta :( Anyway, if you are interested in checking out their selection, you can do so through this link here: http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-polish.html

1 comment on "NOTW | Pastels and Gold"
  1. I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
    I'm your newest follower via google (368).
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
    if you'd like to keep in touch via FB or twitter,
    just do so and let me know so I can follow back =)
    http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete