Monthly Favourites | June

This June I was lucky enough to be introduced to some new products and consequently some of them made the cut to be featured in this month's favourites. Old favourites are also included to let's get right into it!
 
First up, some random body and hair care products courtesy of Joico, Lierac and La Roche Posay. Summer is here and for me that calls for wavy hair over poker straight hair. Thanks to Joico Power Whip mousse I can achieve beach wave style hair effortlessly and it doesn't weigh the hair down. A definite summer must-have. Lierac Sunific Tan Starter Serum and La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Dry-Touch Gel Cream are also must have product for summer. The former preps the skin for an even and deeper sun tan while the other protects the face from the sun's rays and is specifically tailored for combination skins.

 
Also from Lierac, is the Mesolift Serum which is probably my favourite product from the luxury French skin care brand. It is the perfect pick-me-up for the skin especially at the end of the day to make it look plump and nourished.
 
Earlier in June, I was invited to this unique event where I discovered another French skin care brand for the first time. I am referring to Polaar and their Ice Pure and Ice Source ranges which the hosts were generous enough to give us in a goodie bag to try out for ourselves. I couldn't resist till I use up my current skin care products and I gave the products a go for a week. My skin feels fresh after each use and the Arctic Cotton Gentle Scrub is one product to look out for. The Icy Magic eye contour roll-on is another miracle product especially for people who suffer from puffiness and dark circles around the eye area. I instantly liked this brand and when Mum asked me for a good skin care line for Dad, I suggested Polaar and off we went to buy him some goodies to pamper his skin with!

 
Moving on to makeup, I have two face products up first - The Body Shop All In One BB Cream in Shade 01 which is an old favourite and Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer which is a new discovery. Summer is all about minimal and light makeup and both of these products fit the bill nicely. The BB Cream is an all rounder...perfect for quicker application of product while the primer is very lightweight and helps makeup last longer.
 
 
I was given the primer in a goodie bag (discover more products below) as part of a collaboration to help launch the Max Factor Malta #selfeye competition on Facebook and I fell in love with it immediately! Check out the full information about the competition here and submit your entry!

More Max Factor favourite products have been the Excess Volume Mascara which is nothing like I have seen before - the volumising part gives lashes an extra boost while the dark lacquer part really makes them stand out more. On the other hand, when I fancy a more natural look, I tend to reach for the La Roche Posay Respectissime Volumising Mascara. The Max Factor Wild Eyeshadow Pencil in Shade 30 combines the texture of a gel liner and a cream eyeshadow for a truly unique product. Being pearly white, I like to use it to enhance colours and highlight the corners of my eyes.

 

The last eye products are all brown hued. Catrice Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen in 070 Puddle of Mudd is a common occurrence and I tend to favour it over black in the summer for a more natural look. The Essence eyebrow mascara and pencil have been my favourite combination for making my brows look more polished and full.


Lastly, I have this Max Factor lipstick in the shade 655 Lilac Wine which really impressed me with its pigmentation and lasting power. I highly recommend this one!



4 comments on "Monthly Favourites | June"
  1. I've been googling that primer just today lol! Does it help minimize pores at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have large pores so I cannot really comment on that point. However, it does feel lighter than a silicone primer and I quite like its performance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been curious about the lierac brand but haven't really seen it around. its nice to know that you trust at least one of their products though.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete