Brand Hits & Misses | Sally Hansen

I'm sure you have seen this kind of posts on other blogs but for me, this is actually a first, where from time to time I shall be picking a brand and show you my favourite products and the ones I definitely won't repurchase.

First up is Sally Hansen, which I'm sure you've all heard of by now. The US brand has quite established itself in the nail care market and it offers a vast range of products to enhance and care for your nails.

I have tried quite a few of their products and although there are more hits than misses, some products have really let me down. Here go the hits first and then the misses!

Hits

Instant Cuticle Remover - probably my favourite out of the bunch! This is a little miracle in a bottle and I am always in awe at its rapid action in removing excess cuticle and it makes an excellent prepping product especially for gel manicures as on a clean nail plate, the polish adheres better. Oh and it's boyfriend approved too ;)

Cuticle Rehab - another favourite is this little wonder product that I always carry with me in my bag. It is basically a nourishing gel that you massage into the cuticles and it restores them after just one application!


Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover - although this is on the pricier side when compared to other polish removers, it is one of the best ones and it is ace for removing glitter polishes and darker colours effortlessly.

Xtreme Wear glitters - I love the glitter pay off with these polishes and my favourite two are 510 Strobe Flash and 540 Glitter Gun. They are stunners both when worn alone or layered on another polish.


Xtreme Wear Nail Colors - apart from the glitter polishes, the Xtreme Wear range also comprises some nice solid colours. I'm especially fond of them as they provide excellent application and some are even good with just one coat. The shade 300 White On is an exceptionally good white for French manicures too.


Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish - I only have one of these polishes but I can already foresee my collection expanding with a few of these shades. They have excellent colour payoff and the formula is a pleasure to work with. The brand claims that you don't even need a base and top coat with them and I really like the glossy finish.


Insta-Dri Chip-Resistant Top Coat - the last hit is this wonder top coat. I bought it after seeing a good number of positive reviews on it and now I can affirm that it lives up to the hype. It provides a high shine finish and manicure is dry to the touch within seconds. On me, this lasts for roughly 5 days before I can see some minor tip wear. Highly recommended!


Misses

Insta-Brite Nail Whitener - I bought this a while ago so it could help maintain my nails to a healthy colour but it didn't really do much. On the contrary, it made my nails look even more yellow than they actually were.

No More Breaks Nail Strengthener - again, another product bought out of desperation. I was going through a phase where my nails kept breaking all the time - something which was new to me so I thought of giving this a go. I made sure my nails were clean and applied it according to the instructions but after just a couple of minutes it kept peeling off. I tried whichever way to make it work but sadly, nothing could get it to work.


No Chip Top Coat - the last miss is this top coat which I bought as part of my search for the perfect top coat. Contrary to the Insta-Dri Top Coat, it says 'no chip' but as soon as it dried, it just cracked and peeled off together with the polish underneath. I tried it another time on completely dry polish and it did the same thing. Definitely not recommended.

And that concludes my first Brand Hits & Misses post! let me know what you think about this kind of post and also, what you think about Sally Hansen in general :) Any other products you recommend from the brand? Which brand would you like me to feature next? 

1 comment on "Brand Hits & Misses | Sally Hansen"
  1. Totally agree with you on Insta Dri being great but No More Breaks being rubbish :)

    ReplyDelete