Review | Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara in Black

Mascara is a staple product in my stash and I never ever leave the house without it. I tend to switch to waterproof versions in summer and on rainy days in winter so a good waterproof mascara is a must for me. 

When I was looking for a replacement for my old mascara in the beginning of summer, the choice of brand was obvious...Max Factor! I have never been disappointed with a Max Factor mascara and I have rekindled my love for their False Lash Effect mascara.


The False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara cannot go unnoticed with its chunky black packaging and metallic blue band at the top, indicating it is the waterproof version. The silicon wand is also on the chunky side but with its short bristles, it is guaranteed to reach even the shortest of lashes for an effortlessly fanned-out false lash effect. The pigmentation is excellent too! This is one of the blackest mascaras I have ever tried and once it's dry, it doesn't clump the lashes.


Left ~ wearing Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara
Right ~  bare lashes

Now for the waterproof part...if there is a mascara that claims to be waterproof under any circumstance and it stays on, it is definitely this one! The only way I can get it off is with waterproof makeup remover and I like to rest a soaked cotton disc for a few seconds on my eyes first then gently wipe the mascara away. 

I have never had issues with lashes falling off while taking off this mascara or throughout the time of wear. Moreover, I have never experienced irritation to my eyes even when wearing contact lenses.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara retails for €13.65 and can be found at various stockists around the island. For more information, check out Max Factor Malta on Facebook.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment