What's in my Travel Makeup Bag?

I'm already missing our agriturism trip to Sicily which came to an end Wednesday late at night. I really enjoyed a full 5 days of relaxation and just peaceful surroundings. I didn't have time to do this post before we left, so today, whilst I was unpacking, I thought it would be interesting to show you what I packed with me in terms of makeup, toiletries and skin care so here goes!

Let's start with skin care first. When I am packing for a trip away, my priority is to keep my skin hydrated all throughout, so moisturising products make up most of my bag. Apart from time on an airplane which can be very drying on the skin, I find my skin gets drier with the less humid air abroad so that's an added factor I like to take in consideration.
I stocked up on thermal water (Vichy and Uriage) to refresh my skin on the go, Polaar Ice Source moisturiser for night time and Eau Thermale Avene Clenance Mat for day time to keep my skin looking matte. As for treatments, I packed Declare Pro Youthing Detox Night Cream and Declare Anti-Irritation Serum.


Of course, cleansing is as important so I packed Declare Cleansing Milk and Eau Thermale Avene Clenance Micellar Water to fully remove makeup at the end of the day. To protect my skin against the sun, I took Eau Thermale Avene sunblock which is not sticky at all and does not leave any white residues. Finally, I have Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream as an anti-wrinkle day cream and Skinceuticals CE Ferulic anti-oxidant to protect against free radicals.


As for hair and body care, my picks were The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel and Rainforest Volume shampoo, Schwarzkopf Gliss Shampoo and Conditioner (they come in sachets so are easier to carry), Fa deodorant, The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray (to cool my feet after a full day walking around), Juvena Sunsation and Valentino Valentina perfumes. Lastly, I packed a new found love, the Pupa Milano Multifunction Super After Sun Cream which doubles up as a shower gel and after sun in one!


As much as I love makeup, I really don't like fussy looks while on holiday so I tend to pack just some basic products. Sleek Eye & Cheek Palette in Midsummer's Dream and Pupa Milano BB Cream + Primer are always winners with me as they are everything I really need. I also like to pack with me Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Powder and Brow Wax, Clinique Air Brush Concealer and Catrice Camouflage Cream concealer; as well as Flormar Rotating High Performance Volume Mascara. For lips I took Revlon nude lip pencil and MAC lipsticks in Velvet Teddy and Brave. I also took some Pupa Milano Vamp! coloured liquid liners and Essence Gel Eye Pencil waterproof in 01 Black Blaze. Just in case I got a tan, I packed a sample of La Prairie caviar foundation which is just a tad darker than my skin tone. 


And that's it! That is what I carried with me to Sicily (and Barcelona a month ago). What are your beauty must-haves on holiday?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment