NOTW: Arabesque design for Easter

Hey dolls sorry for not posting much this last week but life got the better hold of me and also, the Holy Week is my favourite time of year so, needless to say, it was full of going out and whatnot.  Sadly, yesterday we didn't celebrate Easter like past years due to bad weather... we usually have a procession in the morning with the statue of the Risen Christ but yesterday it was so windy (and so is today) and rainy that no celebrations took place.  Anyways,  I had done my nails last Thursday for Easter and opted for a green and blue combo to match my outfit and I completed the look with a white acrylic paint design on each of my ring fingers.


It looks complicated but once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy to complete.  However, you do need a steady hand with this one.

For the ring fingers, I painted on two coats of e.l.f. cosmetics Teal nail polish all over the nail over a base coat and then for the French tip, I first put on a layer of Essence Colour & Go nail polish in Choose Me in a side swipe fashion and topped it off with a coat of Essence Colour & Go nail polish in Blue Addicted.  I repeated the French manicure part over the other nails too.

For the arabesque, all you need is a small detailing brush, white acrylic paint and some water.  Start by dipping the brush in water and dry it between your fingers.  Next, dip the brush in the white paint and let your imagination guide you! I went for something simple because of my bold base colours but you can always create designs that suit your personality! Don't forget to top coat your nails otherwise, all the acrylic paint will wash away on the first occasion you wash your hands!




Have fun recreating this design, and if you want, share your pics on the blog's facebook page!

3 comments on "NOTW: Arabesque design for Easter"
  1. Very pretty! I have Choose Me, but no Blue Addicted yet. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try and get it asap then because you dont know what you're missing on!

      Delete
  2. Wow your nails look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete