Review: Essence Multi Action False Lashes Effect Mascara vs Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara

Today I will be comparing two mascaras from Essence Cosmetics which I recently bought and have been using almost everyday.  After my favourite e.l.f. mascaras arrived all clumped up even though they were sealed, I didn't bother repurchasing or asking for a replacement but instead, I went ahead and bought the Multi Action False Lashes Effect Mascara from Essence while I was checking out some new stock and I recently also bought the waterproof version of the Get Big Lashes range.  

Mascara is an indispensable item for me especially when I want to look more polished.  Actually, it was the first make-up item  I experimented with the most when I was still a youngster as I was always in awe at the power just a tiny wand has to elongate the lashes and give the eyes a whole new dimension.  Therefore, it comes natural that I would want my mascaras to do a very good job.  Now, my lashes are long and curly but I still like to accentuate them so I usually look for volumising versions the most.

Back to Essence mascaras, I first bought the Multi Action False Lashes Effect Mascara just because I saw the 'false lashes effect' part in its name.  While I like to wear falsies on special occasions, my boyfriend hates them so I have to compromise on the effect on certain days, thereby such a mascara will do the trick!  On the other hand, I bought the Get Big Lashes one just because I didn't have any waterproof mascaras and it will come in handy during hotter days.


As you can tell from the picture, the packaging is different and I think I prefer the Get Big Lashes for that just because the tube isn't black.  Consequently, even the amount of product you get varies as with the Multi Action one you are getting 8.5ml for €2.79 while with the Get Big Lashes, you are getting 12ml for €2.70.  Hence, it is safe to say that with regards value for money, the Get Big Lashes range fits the bill.


The wands are drastically different too and I much prefer the Multi Action wand as it fits my eyes better and gives me better results and also, I prefer my wands to be made out of synthetic rubber.  I have used both of these mascaras and I can say that I much prefer the Multi Action False Lashes one over the Get Big Lashes for the simple reason that my lashes are more defined with the first one while the latter didn't do anything special and I still cannot see any big volume difference despite the bigger wand.  That said, the mascara can only be removed with a make-up remover as it really is waterproof.




Wearing Multi Action False Lashes Effect mascara over top and bottom lashes (top)
Get Big Lashes mascara (bottom) 

To sum up, I have already bought a backup for the Multi Action False Lashes Effect Mascara just because I like it so much.  Whereas the Get Big Lashes is good enough for the summer months when I tend to wear more natural looks but if you want a really volumising mascara, save your pennies and opt for another one.

3 comments on "Review: Essence Multi Action False Lashes Effect Mascara vs Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara"
  1. hie, I do blogging recently. will you check it out.would be really inspiring for me... http://poribella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try Multi Action False Lashes Effect Mascara, I'm still in love with Stays on and on and on but it's almost finished :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post hun !! xx

    ReplyDelete