Review: Catrice Intensif'Eye Wet & Dry Shadow in 010 Black or White Swan?!

Catrice Cosmetics, the more professional sister of Essence Cosmetics, has recently been introduced in Malta and as soon as the first stand was set up, me and some of my fellow blogger friends headed over to get our hands on some stuff.  I had already picked out two lipsticks and a gloss and I was debating whether I should get this eyeshadow or not but just before I was going to pay for the lip products, I grabbed it and it joined my other purchases :)

I'm so glad I did as right now I have a thing for marbled make-up (in fact I'm already on the hunt for the Essence Marble Mania Blush).  There were four shades for sale out of the available 6 and I settled on this one purely because of the way the colours are blended are together.

The eyeshadow comes in a round, clear plastic container with holographic silver lettering on the front.  The lid of the container closes tightly and feels sturdy so I'm glad about that.  The eyeshadow is dome shaped like most baked make-up products and as the name suggests, it can be used both wet (bold metallic effect) and dry (subtle shimmer).



I would describe the shade as a jet black base with silver, bronze and gold highlights topped off with fine golden shimmer.  However, the black is softened thanks to the metallic hues but having said that, it is a very pigmented eyeshadow.  I find it is a bit on the powdery side so a primer is always recommended otherwise, it will eventually fade away.


Thanks to its texture, this eyeshadow is really easy to blend and to ensure maximum colour payoff and staying power, I like to apply one dry layer over primer followed by a wet layer for a more intense look.  I mostly wear this eyeshadow with just a flick of black gel liner for the ultimate smoky eye/pin-up look.  Here are swatches to show the intensity of the eyeshadow with different bases:


I am very pleased with this eyeshadow and I will probably get some more of them. I just hope Catrice don't discontinue such a great product!

I bought mine for €4.20 and you can find Catrice at various pharmacies and authorised shops around Malta & Gozo.  Stay up to date with new stock notices by following the Essence Cosmetics Malta facebook page.


1 comment on "Review: Catrice Intensif'Eye Wet & Dry Shadow in 010 Black or White Swan?!"
  1. I always like it dry also for the subtle effect on my eyes and then the removing also gets easier I guess....nice shade and product review.organic lipstick

    ReplyDelete