NOTW: Baroque Details

Baroque detailing is one of the biggest trends in fashion this season but it is definitely not for the faint hearted.  If however you still want to have a go at the look but fear you might look like King Louis XIV, you can always experiment with nail art for a minimalist take on this anything but subtle look.

This week I had a go at some baroque inspired nail art myself, and as usual, here is the step-by-step tutorial for you all to try and re-create the look :)


1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nails and then apply two coats of an opaque black polish to all the nails, omitting the ring fingers. I chose Essie Licorice.

2. For the ring fingers, I applied two coats of Essence Vampire's Love Trend Edition Nail Polish in Gold Old Buffy which is a black base with tons of golden shimmers.

3. When the base colours have dried, apply one or two coats of a gold-leaf top coat to the plain black nails. I used O.P.I. Skyfall 007 The Man With The Golden Gun.

4. On the ring fingers, I created some baroque inspired scrolls with Essence Breaking Dawn Part 2 Trend Edition Nail Polish in 03 A Piece Of Forever which is a yellow gold shade.

5. Seal in your design with a top coat and you're done!



3 comments on "NOTW: Baroque Details"