Review: Nair Milk & Honey Roll-On Wax

Good morning ladies! How many of you dread the thought of shaving your legs with a razor? I myself, am a self-confessed hater of such a hair removal method mainly because results only last a couple of days. I have been waxing my legs for around 10 years now and over time, I have noted that the hairs have gotten finer and I don't even get hairs on certain areas of my legs.

Like most other teenage girls, I started booking waxing sessions every three weeks at the beautician but as I grew older and my schedules were getting busier, I had to find an alternative wax hair removal method that I could do at home.  I have tried different methods and once I came across a Veet warm wax kit which was very good but for some reason it was discontinued and now they do an electrical system that doesn't even come to Malta and it is a bit expensive to buy off the internet. And so my search has once again begun until I found this roll-on wax from Nair.

Enough rambling and on with the raving! I got the kit off ebay a couple of months back and it has lasted me for 4 sessions of full leg waxing which in my opinion is quite good.  Now let's have a look at the kit contents and packaging.


The wax is supplied in a thick plastic bottle with a roll-on applicator and safety plug together with 10 fabric wax strips and instructions, all enclosed in a transparent plastic case. The wax bottle contains 100ml of product and the strips are of the right size and can be re-used from one session to the next. Furthermore, the outer plastic casing can be used to rest the bottle on in between applications in any given session.




What you do is heat the wax for just 15 seconds in the microwave and wax away unwanted hair.  It is important to read all instructions before waxing and this video that I found on YouTube is very helpful for first-timers with this product.


What I like most about this wax is the honey scent, the fact that residues can be removed with water (it is sugar-based) and also, it removes all hairs in one swift move.  Moreover, the redness that you normally get with waxing is minimal and disappears within a short period of time.  The applicator is very convenient and spreads wax evenly onto the skin. I didn't get any allergic reactions from the product and my skin felt very smooth and soft following treatment.

This is definitely a re-purchase for me, I just have to check if we get Nair in Malta as I got this off ebay for like €12. 

Have you ever tried any hair removal products from Nair?

5 comments on "Review: Nair Milk & Honey Roll-On Wax"
  1. We do get Nair in Malta, I bought one similar like this some time ago, but the wax was pink (if I remember correctly). I think I bought it either from Pavi (in qormi) or smart (bkara) supermarkets - i'm not sure which one exactly - but I think that both supermarkets stock Nair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear Lorraine! Thanks so much for the info!

      Delete
  2. Nice blog. I like it. It will work under bikini areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog post is very informative! This is a sure guide to all those who are thinking of waxing for the first time. I've never had such guidance on my first, which made the experience something I'd rather forget. I want to know if you experienced any pain when you used it though. Do you mind giving some thoughts on that matter?

    -Justine Cricks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Justine! I cannot really comment on pain as I have been waxing my legs for over 10 years now and then again, everybody's pain threshold is different :)

      Delete