Review | E.L.F. Essential Glitter Primer

Glitter is a girl's best friend especially during party season but we all know it can be a little messy to apply and stay where it is meant to without ending up all over the place. The solution? A glitter primer of course!

In my last E.L.F. Cosmetics haul, I got a tube of their new Glitter Primer as party season was approaching and I knew I would definitely wear glitter eyeshadows. As expected, I have used this primer countless times during December and now I am able to share my thoughts with you.
 
So, packaging is quite plain and consists of a frosty plastic tube with a silver screw cap and it comes in a blister type of pack. The primer comes out of a small hole in the slant shaped tip of the tube and has a very thick consistency compared to the usual eye primers. Despite the thick consistency, the primer feels very light on the delicate eye area and it is also infused with Shea Butter and Jojoba to nourish the skin in this sensitive area of the face. Although the primer is white in colour, it dries to a transparent finish.
 
 
 
A little goes a long way with this product and I have to admit the consistency feels like a tacky glue while drying. It takes time to dry so you can easily pack on the glitter but once dry, everything will stay put! Worthy to note is the fact that the glitter eyeshadow will not crease.

 
Removal is pretty easy; all it takes is just a cotton disc soaked in waterproof makeup remover and that should do the trick. I haven't experienced any irritation in my eye area when using this product and I think it does an amazingly good job. In fact, I dare say it is a very good budget alternative to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue!
 
E.L.F. Glitter Primer retails for £2.50 from the E.L.F. Cosmetics website.

2 comments on "Review | E.L.F. Essential Glitter Primer"
  1. I am not a fashion girl ,but i love beauty,happy to make myself beauty
    thank you foe sharing this,useful!
    hope to be your new friend
    http://mingmingshuohaode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this, I think I will have to get it! :)

    ReplyDelete