NOTW:Basic French Manicure with Retro Polka Dot Gradient

Last week, I reviewed the Born Pretty Store M60 Image Plate and the design I used was the gradient dots one and this is what I came up with:

The inspiration behind this design were actually some new nail polishes that I got lately and haven't had a chance to use yet and since the dots seem to be decreasing in size as they go further down, I though I would do a gradient colour scheme.  It is a very easy design to re-create and it has also sparked again my interest in stamping :)

1. Prep nails with a clear base coat and apply a sheer white nail polish to the tips to create your basic French Manicure.  I applied two coats of nee Make Up white nail polish no. 311.
2. Next, with a colour (or more) of your choice, stamp the dots design from the M60 image plate.  I used e.l.f. Purple Dream, e.l.f. Teal Blue and essence colour & go in Let's Get Lost.

3. Go over any dots that need to look darker with a small dotting tool and the respective polish and leave to dry.

4. Apply a top coat and you're done!




2 comments on "NOTW:Basic French Manicure with Retro Polka Dot Gradient"
  1. wow, it's perfect!! The gradient effect with this design is a great idea, I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Natalie :) would love to see what you come up with! xx

    ReplyDelete