NOTD: Flowers and Dragonflies

Good morning my lovelies :) This week's nail tutorial features the nails I wore to the wedding I had last Wednesday.  I chose a glittery pink base and did the design on my ring fingers to keep it simple. 


1. Prep your nails by applying a base coat and proceed with applying two coats of a shimmery pink nail polish on each nail.  Make sure to allow enough drying time between coats.  I used Rimmel 60 Seconds in 400 Starlet.

2. On the nails you are going to do the design, choose a slightly darker yet sheer nail polish and put on a very thin coat. I did this on my ring fingers with China Glaze Awakening.

3. For the design, stamp or draw a half flower at the side of the nail with black nail polish and place a little baby pink coloured pearl in the centre.

4. The dragonfly is very easy to do: with a medium sized dotting tool, put a drop of peach nail polish for the head and subsequently place another three drops of the same nail polish with a small dotting tool for the body.  I used China Glaze Sunset Sail.  With a detailing brush, paint the wings in black nail polish.

5. When dry, seal with a top coat and you're done!




3 comments on "NOTD: Flowers and Dragonflies"