Review: e.l.f. Mineral Booster in Sheer

Today's review is about a product I got earlier in June and have been using it everyday ever since. I am talking about the e.l.f. Mineral Booster in Sheer.  I have been reading/seeing a lot of rave reviews about this product and I wanted to see what all the hype is about so I bought the small size one in the shade Sheer. 

Let's have a look at the packaging first.  It comes in a white box like all other products in e.l.f.'s mineral range and the product itself is supplied in a transparent plastic jar with a black twist-off cap.  Overall, the packaging is very sleek looking and I like that!  The small jar contains 5.1 grams of product which is a very good amount in my opinion especially when you're paying just €4!

The jar has a sifter for the product to come out from and when you first get it, there is also a transparent sticker over the holes.  You can either remove the sticker altogether like I did or else poke a few holes for the product to come out from.


Here's what e.l.f. have to say about this wonder product and then I will give you my opinions about it:


Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professional and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day.


I have changed my skin care products over the last few weeks (please let me know if you would be interested in an updated skin care routine post) so I cannot really infer which has made my skin look better but I do like the way my skin looks when I use this product.  I find that I do not get oily as much as I used to so that is the main reason why I like this product so much. 

Also, it has become one of my staple products especially during summer as it helps keep my make-up on all day!  I was most impressed the first time I used it when I had a wedding last week.  It was the first time I used it and my make-up lasted for a whole 12 hours!! No make-up melt-down, oiliness or foundation streaking so I was definitely impressed! On that particular occasion, I used it over my NYX HD Foundation which had the Inglot Primer underneath so I thought that it could be that everything helped keep my make-up in place for such a long time so I used the Mineral Booster in a few other ways and it never failed to deliver excellent results!

Here are my favourite ways to use it:

- Alone! It stays on all day and I could easily say that my skin doesn't feel oily so it's definitely a big plus!
- Over BB Cream: The Mineral Booster transforms the whitish reflects of BB Cream to a shade that is more true to my skin tone.
- Over Foundation: I like using this product to set liquid foundation to give me a nice matte finish and it also keeps it in place for longer!

In all cases, I always apply the Mineral Booster with my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush as it blends it nicely onto the skin.  

The texture is very silky and smooth and it blends into the skin immediately.  So much so that I could get to photograph a swatch of the product as it is very sheer.  e.l.f. say that since it is so sheer, it is suitable for all skin tones but since there is a Tinted variety of this product, I would recommend that for darker skin tones.  There is also a shimmer variety and the Sheer one comes in both large (17.8g) and small sizes.  The others are only available in the small 5.1 gram jars.  

I just can't seem to stop using this product and as soon as I'm running out I will definitely get the large variety! You get your Mineral Booster from the elf cosmetics website here.

2 comments on "Review: e.l.f. Mineral Booster in Sheer"
  1. mark elf, is a recognized high quality.
    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! I bought a small one and when it finished got a larger one. Need a new one so cant wait for the next restock! x

    ReplyDelete