NOTW: Simple lines and dots

Good morning all! Today I have for you the mani I have worn for my final thesis presentation last Tuesday.  I chose something really simple but I still like how it came out:


Here's a step-by-step tutorial so you can try out this design yourselves :)

1. As usual, prep your nails with a base coat and when dry, apply a pearl white nail polish to the tips.  I applied two coats of e.l.f. Pearl.

2. Stripe a black line to separate the french tip from the rest of the nail on all nails except the ring fingers.

3. For the ring fingers, use the black striping polish and a grey one to create two lines with each colour as you fancy.

4. Using a small dotting tool and red nail polish (I used Max Factor nailfinity Red Passion) and place some dots near the lines.

5. Leave to dry and apply a glossy top coat on all nails.




Some of the nail tips have chipped this week but since I liked the design and it remained intact, I applied two coats of Florelle Laque Plus no. 87 on all the other nails and finished with a glossy top coat as the nail polish dries matte but I think for summer, glossy nails look better :) Here are some pictures :)




Which manicure do you like best? I think I like the last one better :)

5 comments on "NOTW: Simple lines and dots"