Review | Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser

Yesterday I reviewed the Michael Todd Cleanse and Tone One Step Cleanser/Toner, today, I will be reviewing the second cleanser I bought off their website.  To check out the full review about the other cleanser and first impressions about the company, please click here.  
 
 
This Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser was the one cleanser I was more intrigued with mainly because of the colour (more on that further down).  Again, it is supplied in a lilac, plastic container with a dark purple pump which makes it more sanitary and easy to control how much product comes out.  Like the other cleanser, the only downside with the packaging is the fact that you cannot see how much you have left.  I have had a little issue with the pump on this cleanser as when I first opened it, it worked fine so I closed it again to take pictures of the product and when I re-opened it, no product was coming out but that didn't put me off the product and I'm so glad I didn't let it get to me!
 
Like I said, the colour of this cleanser is totally not what your average cleanser would be like but totally what a charcoal based cleanser would be...charcoal grey. As you can tell by the name, the texture is gel-like but on the watery side. You can actually see the little bits of charcoal in the cleanser. The cleanser has a smell that's very similar to lavender.


Michael Todd claim that the Charcoal Detox cleanser 'completely removes dirt, oil, makeup and other impurities without stripping skin's natural moisture. Activated charcoal is highly absorbent to penetrate deeply into pores ad gently draw out impurities leaving skin feeling clean, soft, smooth and refreshed. Indicated in the treatment of acne and problem skin. Rinses thoroughly without residue'.

I have to agree with this, especially the make-up removal part. I always make it a point to take off all my make-up before I go to bed to avoid breakouts and puffy eyes and to care for my skin in general and this cleanser cuts my night time skin care regime by gently removing all traces of make-up, even gel eyeliner and waterproof mascara. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and more radiant and best of all, I didn't break out yet while using this product. Even more so, it helped clear out residual marks from past break-outs and my skin tone looks more even.

Consequently, I would totally recommend this cleanser to anyone wanting clear skin and in the treatment of acne and blemish prone/oily skin. Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Gel Cleanser is constituted with 70% organic ingredients and is also certified vegan.

Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser is available on the Michael Todd True Organics website for $24 + shipping & handling.
 

2 comments on "Review | Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser"
  1. I liked this cleanser quite a bit!
    I have some other Michael Todd products - some I like, some I don't - but the pump is an issue with a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only downside with the packaging is the fact that you cannot see how much you have left. charcoal benefits

    ReplyDelete