Review: e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadows in Outdoorsy, Socialite & Caffeinated

Hello my lovelies! I have so many e.l.f. reviews to do I figured out I better get started! I'm going to start off with the Mineral Eyeshadows, of which I have three shades, Outdoorsy, Socialite & Caffeinated.  I got these eyeshadows a couple of months ago to give them a try as I have read a lot of good things about them.

At the time, e.l.f. cosmetics UK were running a promotion where with every £10/€12 order, they offered free shipping and a mystery gift with products worth up to £10.  I couldn't miss on the offer but since most of the items I needed were out of stock, I added two shades of mineral eyeshadows to my order to get the total amount to a little over €12.

I picked up Socialite because the colour intrigued me as it is quite unique and I also got Caffeinated as I love my neutrals!  I then ended up getting Outdoorsy for free in the mystery box, and I'm not at all regretting it as it is such a lovely colour!

So, the Mineral Eyeshadows, as the name implies, are part of e.l.f. cosmetics Mineral range, and consequently, they are 100% natural and are paraben-free, and contain no chemical additives and dyes.  Your skin will thank you for using such products! Moreover, elf claim that these eyeshadows contain Vitamins A & B to hydrate and minimize the appearance of fine lines.

The eyeshadows come packaged in a small, clean white box and you get the shade names at the side and the ingredients on the backside of the box.  The actual eyeshadows are supplied in 0.85g transparent jars with a sifter and a screw-top black lid.  They come with a sticker over the sifter holes to prevent fall-out but I took that off as I find that piercing one or two holes doesn't bring out much product.  The eyeshadows come in powder form, just like pigments.


Since they are powdery, I like the apply them over a primer base to make sure they stay in place and they are really easy to blend.  They can also be used wet to intensify the colours and bring out the shimmer more.  They are all very pigmented, yet they are buildable if you use a light hand to apply them.  Here are swatches of the three eyeshadows:

Socialite: I would describe this is a very dark black/grey shimmery chrome colour with purple and brown undertones.  It is very unique and online swatches are what intrigued me to try it in the first place.  The first picture is taken in natural daylight while the other is taken with flash.  The pictures really do not do any justice to this beautiful shade but you get the idea, hopefully!




Caffeinated: This is a very nice shimmery gold eyeshadow, perfect to create a dramatic smokey eye with neutral tones. Again, the top picture is taken in natural light while the bottom one is taken with flash.



Outdoorsy: As I said, I got this one for free in the mystery box and I was really pleased because I love green eyeshadows as they suit me.  However, I have nothing like it my collection.  It is a deep, shimmery forest green that will come out a little blackened if used dry so I prefer to use it wet to bring out the intensity of the green.  Natural light swatches are the ones in the first picture.





The only downside I can find to these eyeshadows is that they can be very messy to take out in the tray and apply and also, expect some fallout so I recommend applying foundation and concealer after putting on the eye make-up when using these eyeshadows.  However, I really like the intensity of the shades and the quality and I like to use them wet over a primer to bring out the colours more.  At only €3.50 per pot, you can't really go wrong!


I want to get some more of these eyeshadows so if you have any recommendations feel free to leave them in the comments section below :) Do you own any of the elf mineral eyeshadows?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment