Review: e.l.f. Studio Single Eyeshadow in Raspberry Truffle

Hello ladies :) If you follow me on facebook, you would know that I had a terrible night shift last night as it was quite busy and to compensate, I slept from 9am till 4pm :P Anywho, as soon as I woke up, I was thinking of something to blog about and I figured I hadn't done an elf review in a long time and I better get the reviews up and running as there are quite a few products from my last two hauls.  

First up is the only Studio Single Eyeshadow I own and it is in the shade Raspberry Truffle.  I have been wanting this shade ever since I saw I video on YouTube from Oxford Jasmine and I kept putting it off just because I have so many eyeshadows but I really didn't know what I was missing!  So in November/December, elf were having a Mystery Box offer and it was the perfect chance to get some new make-up and I popped Raspberry Truffle in my cart!


I'm a big fan of the Studio line packaging as it is so sleek and closes tightly and this eyeshadow was no exception! It comes in a larger cardboard box as shown in the pictures.  You also get a small mirror on the inside of the case and in total, you get 2.75 grams of product for €4/£3.50/$3.  Moreover, you also get a piece of protective plastic with the elf logo over the eyeshadow pan. The packaging is quite small so it is also very convenient to take with you when you're traveling!

The colour is also quite unique and although I would have loved it more if the colour you get is the same as in the pan, I still love the colour and I have including it in almost all make-up looks recently.  I would describe it as a very deep plummy-berryish shade with flecks of golden and purple shimmer running though it.  However, when swatched, the colour leans more towards brownish hues rather than purples.  The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is outstanding and you need very little effort to blend it; plus, it is perfect to create a smokey eye without using the usual blacks!



Raspberry Truffle from different angles


These swatches really don't do the colour any justice but they are the best ones I could get.  The top left swatch is the colour blended while the one on the bottom is the colour with e.l.f. Eyelid Primer underneath.  The swatch on my finger-pad is quite a heavy swatch to bring out the different shades in this unique eye colour.  As you can see, the use of a primer really brings out the colour more and I also have found it useful to use the purple shade from the e.l.f. Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Eggplant as it is a very similar shade and therefore it brings out the colour more and lets it stay in place for longer!

Do you own this shade ladies? Any other Studio eyeshadows you recommend?

5 comments on "Review: e.l.f. Studio Single Eyeshadow in Raspberry Truffle"
  1. awesome post lara :D i don't own any elf studio eyeshadows and I keep reading mixed reviews about this so thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is difficult to describe but stunning all the same! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool!!! love the shade!! and it's very cheap too!!!


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete