NOTW: Lace-y New Year :)

Happy New Year my lovelies :) How have you greeted this year last night? Me and Johan stayed over at my house because it was really cold outside and today I'm working. Nonetheless, I didn't skip doing a manicure for the occasion as I still wanted to feel a little pampered :) I opted for a lace effect design over a classic red manicure.  Although it may look complicated, it is very easy to create but don't rush it and take your time doing it for the best possible results.  Here are the pictures and a step-by-step tutorial:


1. Since we are going to use a red nail polish, make sure to prep nails with a base coat and a nude polish to prevent staining your nails.

2. Paint two coats of red polish over the entire nails, leaving ample time for dying in between coats. My choice of polish was Max Factor Nailfinity in Red Passion.

3. For the lace design, I prefer to use acrylic paints as they are easier to work with than nail polish (just make sure you always use a base polish whenever you are using acrylic paints; never apply them to bare nails).  I used a pearl black paint.  Start by drawing 3 'C' shapes and curl in the ends as shown in the picture on the right.  Repeat the design by reflecting the 'C's' on the top of the ones you just drew.  Finally add a few dots to give the design a more lace-like look.

4. Apply a glossy top coat and you're done! 




I hope you had a nice start to your year and may everyone have a prosperous 2012!

4 comments on "NOTW: Lace-y New Year :)"
  1. love these nails lara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! :D Very chic design, thanks for the photo tutorial, it looks easier that way, I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Would love to see what you come up with Natalie! x

    ReplyDelete