Review: Marks & Spencer Lip Gloss in Dark Pink and Mulberry

I don't know about you but when I heard that Marks & Spencer were also carrying their own make-up range, I was very looking forward to try some products out to see how they perform.  So I picked up two lip glosses in the shades Mulberry and Dark Pink.  I like how they also have testers of all the products available as it makes it easier to choose the shades you like.

The lip glosses come in standard lip gloss tubes with doe-foot applicators and originally, they are sealed with transparent plastic.  A sticker bearing the shade name is affixed at the bottom of the tube.  However, there is no indication as to how much product you are getting.  I really like the size of the tube as it makes them easy to carry around in small clutch bags and also, I like that the cap closes tightly without any product oozing out and messing up the tube or the contents/insides of your bag.


Texture-wise, they are very creamy and they are also very very pigmented; in fact, most of the time, I wear these glosses alone. However, I sometimes do pair them with lipsticks for a statement lip.  With regards lasting power, I would say that these last an average of 3 - 4 hours on me which I think is fairly good.

Mulberry (top) is a nude creamy rosy-pink shade, perfect to complement bold eye make-up for a low key lip or you can also wear it for a completely natural everyday look.

Dark Pink (bottom) is more of a berry shade to me which is more suited for more elegant looks rather than for everyday use.  I like to pair mine with Max Factor lipstick in 710 Midnight Plum for a vampy lip for a night out on the town.

These glosses are priced quite affordably too; I bought mine for €4.50 each.  Another point worth mentioning is that Marks & Spencer make-up is BUAV approved and none of their products are tested on animals.

Have you tried these lip glosses or any other items from the M&S make-up range? What are your views on them?

1 comment on "Review: Marks & Spencer Lip Gloss in Dark Pink and Mulberry"
  1. Thanks for the review Lara! I didn't know that M&S had their makeup collection but now that i know i sure will get some products. These glosses look fab!

    ReplyDelete