NOTW: Colour Blocking

So I'm back from a day's work and although we weren't that busy, 12 hour shifts are still tiring... on to my nails.  I have been giving my nails a break from nail polish but last Friday, I had a birthday party and I went for a simple colour block nail design, matched to my new clutch bag from New Look :)  Keep on reading for the tutorial!


1. Prep nails with a clear base coat and apply two coats of a nude beige polish like e.l.f. Desert Haze.  Leave to dry completely.

2. I used nail guides (Nailene Perfect Tips & Toes) to do the stripes to get them as accurate as possible but you can always free-hand them!  Start with the side stripe... adhere the guide as shown in the picture and paint the left side with a bright coral polish. Here I used one by Eugene Perma.

3. When the nail polish is totally dry, affix the guide to define the nail tip and paint it black.  I used Essie Licorice.

4. Carefully remove the tip guide and apply a top coat!




Lastly, I wanted to share with you a half moon manicure on gel nails I did for a client:




I'm off to bed now lovelies! Hope you've all had a lovely weekend :) Good night, sweet dreams!

6 comments on "NOTW: Colour Blocking"
  1. The half moon manicure whith this color is very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did u do that banner on top? following u thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gisell! Thanks for following :) The banner is a collection of pictures I found over the internet and put them together to create it. The title, I made with the blogger designer :)

      Delete
  3. Love the color blocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen :) That is a compliment, coming from a polish-aholic like you!

      Delete