MFWA 2017 | Day 5 - Ritienne Zammit's Love of Valletta

Saturday was quite a busy day with the final night of Malta Fashion Week coming up so I got a little caught up with appointments and so on. However, I really feel Ritienne Zammit's I YValletta collection really deserves some space on this blog.

I am going to come straight to the point - this was hands down the best collection from all of the ones presented! I feel this collection is something more people can relate to than the one from last year. I love how Ritienne always manages to inject an element of originality in her collections and might I add they are always very well researched. 

Photos by Miklos Xuereb




This year, Ritienne proposes a different look onto our capital city - old maps of Valletta in black and white, famous paintings from Valletta's churches as well as black and white photographs of the city of times gone by and the burial marble floors of St. John's Co-Cathedral. Mixed with sheer black mesh, sky blue ribbons and gold decorations, this is a one-of-a-kind collection of masterpieces from one of Malta's finest fashion designers.




I really liked the space buns and flower hairstyles which were also unique. The cat-eye glasses and makeup, including the pearls in the models' inner corners of the eyes continued to add interest to the looks being paraded down the runway.





I definitely have to get my hands on a couple of pieces from this collection a.s.a.p. and that only means one thing...Ritienne you killed it! Well done!

1 comment on "MFWA 2017 | Day 5 - Ritienne Zammit's Love of Valletta"