MFWA 2017 | Day 4 - Suits, Food & Flowers and Poison

Gagliardi - SS17 Safari / AW17 La Dolce Vita, Rome

Photos: Malta Fashion Week & Awards Facebook page

It was time for the men to open yesterday's shows with the Maltese international brand Gagliardi. I always look forward to their show primarily because I love their take on combining different colours and patterns to re-invent the traditional suit. I especially loved the silk scarves draped under the jacket lapels and the mismatched ties and pocket squares. From formal to casual, Gagliardi has it all for the men who want to look dapper all the time! This year, they are proposing a safari theme for Spring/Summer and for the Autumn/Winter season, a more sophisticated collection inspired by 1950's and 1960's Rome as pictured in William Wyler's film 'Roman Holiday' starring Audrey Hepburn.










Ef+facto Italy - Food & Flowers

Photos: Steven Muliett

Effacto was the first show from a foreign designer for the night. Loredana Meyer, from Italy, presented a collection that is equal parts stylish and environmentally friendly. She uses all natural fabrics and all the garments are made exclusively in Italy. I really enjoyed this collection for it had me written all over it! The simple, clean lines are what I look for for understated chic. Here are some of my favourite looks from the show.











Eymeric François - Poison

Photos: Bernard Polidano

The final show from yesterday's event couldn't get any sexier - red, black, lace, corsets all accentuating the female form, this is Eymeric François Poison all the way from Paris!

I must say that this was my favourite collection from the night. Of course many of know my obsession with everything French but who in their right mind can resist these sexy creations?! Well done Eymeric once again!













Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment