MFWA 2017 | Day 3 - Brides and Summer Vibes

Day 3 was the busiest day of MFW with 5 shows taking place back to back. Here is a run-down of four of them and click here to check out the show by Couture by Gaetano.

Carla Grima Atelier - Abloom

Photos by Matthew B. Spiteri

The first show for the night transported us to the now very near sunny summer days, lounging by the pool with friends and sipping cocktails in breezy printed silk kaftans and colourful swimwear from Carla Grima's Atelier.




The collection presented a number of beautiful pieces in a kaleidoscope of colours inspired by spring floral blooms, all meant to insinuate themselves around the human form for a luxurious resort-wear feel. The models took a stroll round the deck-chair and bar setup which further gave the collection a summery feel, and me a longing for more relaxed days!






Desiree - Less Is (not) More

Photos by: Go Raw Photography

Ever since I got introduced to Desiree and her work last year, I am always on the look-out for what she has to offer next, plus I always enjoy meeting this lady who exudes positive vibes with her contagious smile :)

This year, Desiree took her creations a step forward with leather bags created from scratch and then giving them her signature touch of paint. Of course there are shoes to match the bags. The theme is a play on words - Less Is (not) More and I think Desiree has really succeeded in challenging the common otion that less is more. Because of the recent collapse of the Azure Window, Desiree was inspired to dedicate this collection and pay tribute to some of our most loved icons especially Mdina Gate and the Azure Window and the Valletta skyline.






Well done once again Des!


Rosita Silk Sense - Serendipity feat. jewellery by Virag Andersson


Photos by: Ivan Borg

Following her amazing show last year, I was really looking forward to Rosita's show this year and even more so since I got to collaborate with her jewellery sponsor Virag Andersson. This year, Rosita's famous silk kaftans have made a comeback and she also launched silk ties and pocket squares for the men. Everything is literally a one of a kind wearable piece of art and I definitely know what I want from this collection.











As for Virag's jewellery, she uses metals, enamel and glass in her creations which is a combination unique to her. I got the pleasure to wear one of her necklaces and boy has it received a good feedback!

Ivory & Co.

Photos by: Steve Muliett

Lastly, we have Ivory & Co. who have presented a collection of bridal dresses and dresses that are more suited for wedding guests and close family members. I was really in my element yesterday with all these elegant shows happening. I just wish I could relive yesterday all over again (and gain another day of Fashion Week in so doing :P). 












Well, I gotta gear up for Day 4 tonight! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates from the night :)

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment