Review: e.l.f. Studio Make-Up Mist & Set

Hello my lovelies! I hope you're all doing great :) Today has been quite a busy day for me with regards studying but finally I am seeing a light at the end of the looooong tunnel :)  While I have some free time, here's a review of a product that I have had for quite a long time now but it is only now that I got round to using it; the e.l.f. Studio Make-Up Mist & Set.

I got mine free with a promotional offer (like elf's facebook page for regular codes to get free shipping or percentage off your orders) and at the time, it was one of their recent additions to the Studio Line.  For some reason, I always forgot to use but lately, I have been keeping the bottle on my dressing table so I never forget to use it and it has become a staple product whenever I apply full make-up! 

Let me start the review with the packaging first.  So, when you first get it, the product comes in a carton package with an open window so you can actually see the bottle (which is shrink-wrapped) as in the left picture:


When you take off the shrink-wrap, you may find that some of the product has leaked out.  In my case, it was nothing major so I just wiped it off and there hasn't been any more leaking.  The actual bottle is see-through so you can actually tell how much product you've got left and it has a spray nozzle.  The spray nozzle is actually very convenient as it delivers an even mist.  You get 60ml of product and a little goes a long way with this so it is going to last you for quite some time.

Basically, this product is intended to keep your make-up on and looking fresh for longer so it's pretty safe to call it a make-up fixer (you can read more about fixers here).  It contains Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A,C & E.  It is a very lightweight formula hence you won't feel like you're wearing a mask and it is alcohol-free so don't worry about it drying your skin.

What I do is, I spray a little on a flat-top brush and then dab it on my face to set my make-up.  Alternatively, you can either spray it directly on your face (keep the bottle a little distance away from your face so you don't end up with droplets all over) or else spray a little in the air and walk into it (with eyes closed!).  Another use for this product is to use it as a face refresher especially in the hotter summer months. When I use this product, my make-up does look refreshed for longer but I don't think it has really affected how much it stays on.  What I really like about this fixer spray though, is that it removes any powdery look especially when you use setting powder.  With regards scent, I honestly cannot detect any.

To sum up, I will see for how long this product really lasts but I think I will re-purchase it :) You can get yours from the elf cosmetics website for £3.50/€4.00 for 60ml.

8 comments on "Review: e.l.f. Studio Make-Up Mist & Set"
  1. Quuu I might actually purchase this!!!! I was going to try get my hands on the MAC one but I'll get this first. Thanks for the review hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.. I have the Model in a bottle one.. and this one makes my make up last less than the model in a bottle. But it feels awesome.. unlike model in a bottle.. which feels sticky and has that old lady perfume kind of smell xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carla, no problem sweety :) xx

    @Dyna, yeah I had read your review and I think we agree on this being an awesome product :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like spraying it on to my elf studio powder brush before using the revlon colorstay. Makes it not as heavy coverage and gives you a little more time to blend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip Enigma! It never crossed my mind to use it like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have it and love it too. I use it only when I do full makeup and want it to last as long as possible and I think it helps. Maybe I'll even use it daily in summer because it's really hot and humid where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont think I will use it much in summer to be honest Natalie cos even though we have the same problem of the weather being hot and humid, I do not wear foundation in summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this! I actually have a review of it on my blog. Holy grail product! x

    ReplyDelete