Review: NYX Long Lip Pencil in CLPL20 Plush Red

Hello ladies :) I feel like I haven't done a product review in ages now as I'm busy juggling my studies and a bunch of other things so I haven't really had the time to do longer blog posts.  Anyways, today I'm reviewing the NYX Long Lip Pencil in CLPL20 Plush Red.

It is essentially a 'normal' lip liner, only longer! I got mine for free when purchasing the NYX HD Foundation (check out the review here) from an ebay seller.  Like I said, it is your basic lip liner pencil so there is nothing special about the packaging whatsoever; except that I quite like it being black as I think it looks sleek.


With regards colour and texture, I can say I'm pretty satisfied as the pencil glides on easily without tugging and gives a very good colour pay-off so I'm happy with that.  I cannot detect any scent to this product.  To be honest, when I got this pencil, I thought it was going to be more of a true red than the actual pinky-red it is.  However, it works pretty well with my red lipsticks so nothing to complain about there.    

I like to pair this lip liner with my Max Factor Hint of Red Lipstick and I like to line my lips first and then fill them in with the pencil before applying lipstick to make the colour last longer... and it actually does!!

NYX Long Lip Pencil (top) and Max Factor Lipstick

So overall, I'm quite happy with this lip pencil which is just one out of a range of 20 colours.  You can get yours from the NYX website, ebay, or other online stockists.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment