NOTW: Pink Ombre

I have finally found some time to try ombre nails! I chose pink as I think it is a colour that's easy to work with to create the desired effect and I found that the easiest way to create a nice gradient from one nail to the next is to pick two shades of the same colour, not more than 5 shades apart and mix them in different proportions to obtain the in-between hues. Here's how I did mine:
 
 
1. Prep nails with a base coat to protect your nails.
 
2. Pick two shades of the same colour and mix the colours together as follows on a piece of plastic. I chose China Glaze Second Hand Silk and Essence Colour & Go 107 Naughty but Pink.
 
- Pinky: Naughty but Pink
- Ring Finger: 2 drops Naughty but Pink + 1 drop Second Hand Silk
- Middle Finger: 2 drops Naughty but Pink + 2 drops Second Hand Silk
- Index Finger: 1 drop Naughty but Pink + 2 drops Second Hand Silk
- Thumb: Second Hand Silk
 
Apply two coats of each.
 
3. You can either stop there and top coat the nails or else, you can opt for a little extra on the ring finger like I did. I used yellow fimo flowers for contrast and affixed a whole one at the side, followed by a two petalled one and just one petal on the other side as shown in the pictures.
 
4. Seal all nails with top coat and you're done!
 

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment