NOTW | Tortoise Shell

I haven't really been doing any nail art on my nails lately because I had broken a few nails at work and I had to cut all the rest to a very short length. Thankfully they have all grown back just in time for Easter and I decided to experiment a little with a new technique I have just learnt...tortoise shell effect. It is a very easy technique that anyone can follow. Read on to find out how you can create it yourself!
 
 
1. Prep nails with a base coat such as Orly Nailtrition.
 
2. Working one nail at a time, apply a French tip to all nails bar the ring fingers with a light apricot nail polish such as Pupa Milano Lasting Color in 516 Dream Apricot from the 50's Dream Spring 2013 Limited Edition Collection.
 
3. While the nail polish is still wet, apply a darker orange shade such as Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 895 I Am A Lob-Star with a large dotting tool all over the French tip in random places. The dots will gradually diffuse into the apricot shade and create the tortoise shell effect.
 
4. As for the ring fingers, apply two coats of the apricot polish, and allow to dry thoroughly.
 
5. Subsequently, dab on a coat of O.P.I When Monkeys Fly and when totally dry, seal all nails with a top-coat to protect your design and add a beautiful shine.


 
Have a go at this easy nail art technique and post pictures on this blog's facebook page if you like!

3 comments on "NOTW | Tortoise Shell"
  1. Love this style, I love nails that are a little different, my problem is I just can get the french nail tip even......yours are fabulous!!

    really enjoying your blog
    xoxo

    judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith! Thanks for your comment...you can always use nail tip guides to perfect your French tips :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love this!! Definitely will try it out!
    :)
    http://ladywithnoname.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete