NOTW: Duochrome!

Happy Sunday everyone! This week's mani is a bit particular in my opinion as we have a lot of duochromes going on. See what I mean...


It is a very fun look though so if you want to see how to do it yourselves, just read on! All you need are some polishes that are on the same colour scheme.

1. Start with a clear base coat on all the nails and proceed with two coats of a duchrome nail polish of your choice on the ring fingers.  I used Florelle Laque Plus no.70.

2. On the other nails, paint two coats of a nude beige polish.  I used e.l.f. Desert Haze.  When this dries, apply a thin coat of the duochrome polish. Don't worry if it is streaky as you want the base colour to show.

3. Take a darker brown polish and paint half of the ring finger nails with it and let dry. Here I chose e.l.f. Smoky Brown.

4. Now, take a dotting tool and dot sets of three dots with the nude and darker polishes on all the nails except the ring fingers.  I chose to dot mine in the corners and applied the colours opposite each other as shown in the pictures.

5. For the ring fingers, place dots in an 'S' shape across the nail, using the darker polish on the duochrome part and the nude one on the darker part.

6. Finish with a clear top coat and you're done!







4 comments on "NOTW: Duochrome!"
  1. I have Desert Haze. It's a really lovely colour xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it's the perfect nude! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a nice color and the effect is really gorgeous! I love the Elf Mineral eyeshadow you should definitely try them out. Believe with a base underneath the color becomes even more vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk to make the colour pop even more :) x

    ReplyDelete