Review: e.l.f. Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Eggplant & Black Licorice

Hello cupcakes :) Another elf review for today! I cannot believe I haven't yet reviewed these cream eyeshadows so here we go!

As for packaging, they are packed in a blister-type pack and when you take them out, you get a nice black round container with a transparent top so you can see the colours:





I have seen these eyeshadows being trashed because they crease a lot on various YouTube videos and blog posts but I still wanted to try a few and ended discovering that if used as bases for your powder eyeshadows, they work brilliantly! 

My favourite out of the two is Eggplant because the colours are just so beautiful! They have a multi-tonal effect and look really good on.  Eggplant is also the most pigmented duo out of the two I have as both shades give a nice colour pay-off.  With regards Black Licorice, the black is much more pigmented than the grey, which requires more applications for some decent colour to show.


Green/Purple ~ Eggplant; Silver (heavy swatch)/Black ~ Black Licorice

The texture for these eyeshadows is quite creamy (duh!) and they apply and blend nicely onto my lids. One tip to avoid creasing is use a good primer underneath them and make sure you apply an adequate amount of powder eyeshadow to set them.  I wouldn't recommend you wear these eyeshadows alone but I like to use them as bases to enhance the colours of the powder eyeshadows I'm using.  So if like me, you like to match your eyeshadow base to the powder eyeshadow, I highly recommend these!

You can get yours from the elf website for only £1.50/€1.70 per duo! 

4 comments on "Review: e.l.f. Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Eggplant & Black Licorice"
  1. Eggplant colours look very pretty! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have eggplant and its super gorgeous :)

    Xoxo Christine
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree with you more girls!! xxx

    ReplyDelete